I don’t think every search query needs a skyscraper or the ultimate guide.
The optimal length for an article in 2019 depends on two things:
- Satisfying the search intent.
- Creating the best content piece – with the goal to collect relevant links.
In this article, I will discuss the following SEO writing principles.
- It’s not a long-form article alone that makes you rank.
- Backlinks make you rank. And long articles tend to collect more links.
- Satisfy search intent by answering the question first.
- Google doesn’t like content fluff and dilution.
“Go with 2,000 Words & an Optimized H1”
That’s SEO advice in a nutshell.